NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE ANYTHING THAT LOOKS VALUABLE IN PLAIN VIEW OUT INSIDE OF YOUR CAR. IF PEOPLE SEE SOMETHING THAT LOOKS VALUABLE, THEY WILL BREAK INTO IT TO GET IT.
Parking is actually relatively easy in the Columbia Heights neighborhood where the Glowhouse lives. Because we're right next to a school, there aren't people living on these streets that have cars that would get in the way. That said, there are a few things you should know about Parking in the area:
- Always read the signs for updates
- If you're parking illegaly during the day on a week day, you're more likely to get towed. If you get towed, you can easily find your car here, or by walking around and looking for it. DC tows cars and puts them just a few blocks away, not to an impoundment lot.
- Best parking is on 13th street in front of the GlowHouse, between Irving and Kenyon Streets. Anytime, unless its Tuesday morning between 9:30 and 11:30 when street cleaning happens. (Street Cleaning doesn't happen in the winter from like November through February so you can even stay park on Tuesdays in those months.
- Parking in front of Harriett Tubman Elementary, across from the Glowhouse, between 4pm and 8am Weekdays or anytime on weekends/holidays is also great. Also, when school is out in the summer, you can park in front of the school 24 hours a day.
- Good parking is on 11th Street behind the Elementary school. This is also available anytime except for Monday Mornings between 9:30 am and 11:30 am for Street Cleaning (March-October)
- Another option for a few hours is the Target underground parking garage (entrance on Park Road between 14th and 16th street) , which is one block away from the Glowhouse.
- You generally can't park on Irving Street or Kenyon street for any length of time because this area is restricted to residents who have a Zone 1 parking sticker. Also, you can't park on 13th street beyond Irving or Kenyon streets for the same reason, There may be some exceptions.